Curious in 2018
Welcome to the Festival of Science and Curiosity! For one week every February, the festival brings creative and inspiring science, technology, engineering and maths based events and activities to the heart of Nottingham.
In 2018, we had our biggest ever programme to ignite Nottingham’s curiosity!
- Curious City – Centring on Saturday 17th Feb, we took over the city centre! From intu Broadmarsh and Central Library, to Broadway and the National Videogame Arcade, there was loads of family fun to drop in on.
- Curious Lates – For the first time ever, we hosted the most curious series of evening shows Nottingham has ever seen! With demonstrations, talks and even sciencey-themed comedy, there was something for everyone!
- Curious Communities – From Monday 19th to Wednesday 21st Feb, we took our city centre hits on a tour of community libraries. We went to Bilborough, Bulwell and Sneinton libraries to spend half term with some of our most curious communities!
- Curious Conversations – For education or related professionals, we hosted two fascinating conversations opportunities at the Council House: one about Real Science in Schools and one about Responsible Research and Innovation.
- Curious Schools – Just like previous years, we also took fun and exciting science busking and workshops to a few lucky schools to meet some of Nottingham’s future scientists and engineers.
How It Happens
The festival is now in its 4th year, and is produced by an enthusiastic collaboration of Nottingham organisations including Nottingham City Council, Nottingham Trent University, the University of Nottingham, Broadway Cinema, Ignite!, STEM Learning, the National Videogame Arcade and more! All of whom are dedicated to enriching our city’s culture with science and curiosity!
In 2018, overall support for the festival was generously provided by the University of Nottingham and One Nottingham, while other organisations supported individual projects throughout the festival. As a not-for-profit initiative, the festival is also supported in many different, invaluable ways by a number of local organisations. For more details on our steering partners and wider supporting partners, please see the ‘Festival Partners‘ page.
If you or your organisation would be interested in supporting the Nottingham Festival of Science & Curiosity in the years to come, please get in touch via our ‘Contact Us‘ page.
The Nottingham Festival of Science & Curiosity is a proud member of the UK Science Festivals Network