Get Curious in 2018
Welcome to the Festival of Science and Curiosity 2018! For one week every February, the festival brings creative and inspiring science, technology, engineering and maths based events and activities to the heart of Nottingham.
This year, we’ve got our biggest ever programme ready to ignite your curiosity, whether you’re 2 or 102!
- Curious City – Centring on Saturday 17th Feb, we’ll be taking over the city centre! From intu Broadmarsh and Central Library, to Broadway and the National Videogame Arcade, there’ll be a tonne of family fun to drop in on.
- Curious Lates – For the firs time ever, we’re hosting the most curious series of evening shows Nottingham has ever seen! With demonstrations, talks and even sciencey-themed comedy, there’s sure to be a night to grab your interest.
- Curious Communities – From Monday 19th to Wednesday 21st Feb, we’ll be taking our city centre hits on a tour of some local libraries and community centres. Watch out, Sneinton, Bilborough and Bulwell, we’re coming your way!
- Curious Conversations – If you’re an education or related professional, we’re even hosting two fascinating conversations opportunities at the Council House.
- Curious Schools – Just like previous years, we’re also taking fun and exciting science busking and workshops to a few lucky schools to meet some of Nottingham’s future scientists and engineers.
How It Happens
The festival is now in its 4th year, and is produced by an enthusiastic collaboration of Nottingham organisations from the City Council, to Nottingham’s two universities and other independent partners. All of whom are dedicated to enriching our city’s culture with science and curiosity!
Overall support for the festival has been generously provided by the University of Nottingham, while several organisations are supporting the development and delivery of individual projects throughout the festival. As a not-for-profit initiative, the festival is also supported in many different, invaluable ways by a number of local organisations. For more details on our steering partners and wider supporting partners, please see the ‘Festival Partners’ page.
If you or your organisation would be interested in supporting the Nottingham Festival of Science & Curiosity in the years to come, please get in touch via our ‘Contact Us‘ page.
The Nottingham Festival of Science & Curiosity is part of the UK Science Festivals Network